Evaluation and Research Manager
- - Evaluation and Research
- Denver, CO, USA
- Full Time
The Evaluation and Research Manager reports directly to the Director of Evaluation and Research and is responsible for day-to-day operational success of Judi's House/JAG Institute (JH/JAG) in carrying out the Evaluation and Research Initiative. Responsibilities entail the direct management of departmental operations/administration, data acquisition and data entry as well as leadership of data processing/cleaning, management, warehousing, and analysis. The position requires experience in program evaluation design and personnel supervision, as well as project management expertise. Broadly, the Evaluation and Research Initiative aims to consider the effectiveness of clinical programs and increase scientific understanding of the experiences and needs for grieving children and families. Specific experience with collaborative research teams, intervention and outcomes evaluation of preventive programs, and child development and/or at-risk youth and families is preferred. A desire to support non-profit, mission-driven work is required.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES SOUGHT:
• Demonstrated capacity in leadership including effective management of projects, personnel, and implementation of standardized processes and procedures in a research environment.
• Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated proficiency in data analytic software (e.g., SPSS) and Microsoft Suite (e.g., Excel programming, macro development).
• Experience successfully collaborating with diverse stakeholder groups.
• Highly detail-oriented, organized, and able to systematically track multiple projects/factors simultaneously and manage time effectively.
• Mastery of best practices and demonstrated capacity in research and evaluation design, methods, statistical analyses, and modeling, with ability to utilize statistical methods for hypothesis testing and program effectiveness modeling.
• Experience translating findings to both non-research and research-savvy audiences through written reports.
• Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a professional team environment.
• Experience working ethically and effectively with sensitive information.
EDUCATION OR FORMAL TRAINING:
• Master's degree in social sciences or related field with at least 3 years relevant work experience.
• Formal training in research methods, evaluation design, and quantitative analysis.
• Manages data acquisition and entry, and leads data management and analysis. Examples of responsibilities include:
Development, implementation, and coordination as needed of data acquisition strategies, data integrity standards, program evaluation plans, research initiatives, data reporting tools, departmental training and orientation, and general oversight of relevant processes.
Development and implementation of data analysis plans, including pulling datasets from data warehouse using identified parameters, writing analytic syntax to answer key questions of interest, and communicating findings clearly.
Coordination and collaboration with JH/JAG departments and providing regular updates to Director to collaboratively address relevant activities, decision making, personnel management, and systems issues.
• Provides excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communications, which are conveyed concisely, diplomatically, and professionally to internal and external audiences, such as:
Synthesis of methods, analyses, and findings.
Visualization of results and findings (e.g., through use of Tableau or related programs).
Overall assistance with the production of products and deliverables.
• Manages multiple projects simultaneously, including development and maintenance of detailed workplans, staffing plans, and overall project workflows to stay on timeline.
Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability to changes within workflows, technology/software solutions and organizational needs, effectively conceptualizing and developing new processes when applicable.
Provides highly detail-oriented, organized, and thorough documentation of all work to ensure ongoing tracking and traceability.
Systematically tracks all projects, documenting progress towards deliverables/goals and routinely updating relevant JH/JAG staff and leadership.
Contributes to the continual improvement and refinement of all research and evaluation activities, ensuring greater efficiency, accuracy, and productivity.
• Fosters and actively engages in the culture of learning within JH/JAG: asks questions, engages in creative thinking, and collectively works toward achieving the full potential and impact of JH/JAG.
• Maintains database of research literature and conducts scientific literature reviews as needed.
• Manages the overall maintenance and updating of relevant departmental documents on an ongoing or as-needed basis (e.g. Standard Operating Procedures).
• Performs additional administrative duties for department as needed.
• Represents Evaluation and Research Initiative internally and externally in appropriate ways to convey the standards, values, and rigor of the department.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
• Promote the values of JH/JAG throughout the organization and external relationships.
• Attend team and organizational meetings, activities, and events as required.
• Collaborate with JH/JAG staff and perform job duties to advance the organization's mission and vision.
• Demonstrate ability to work independently and within a team, seeking guidance as appropriate.
• Comply with all organizational policies and procedures.
• Commitment to JH/JAG mission.
• Maintains responsibility for human resources and administrative supervision of designated staff (i.e. approval of leave requests and time sheets, development of collaborative performance measurements which ensure consistent, high-quality evaluation and goal setting, etc.)
• Tracks workload of designated staff, helping prioritize efforts and plan around high work periods.
• Provides ongoing feedback to designated staff and all team members, identifying and planning for opportunities for growth and professional development for designated staff.
• Provides onboarding and relevant departmental training to staff.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, and walk as well as bend, squat, and climb stairs. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Normal office conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Judi's House/JAG Institute (JH/JAG) is the only free-standing organization in Metro Denver devoted solely to supporting grieving youth and families through comprehensive care, research, education, and advocacy. Its mission is to help children and families grieving a death find connection and healing. Since 2002, JH/JAG has supported nearly 10,000 individuals, and educated many thousands more, toward the vision that no child should be alone in grief. The integration of research and practice in a community-based center has uniquely positioned JH/JAG to create social change around the issue of childhood bereavement'elevating it as a public priority and serving as a national leader in the effort to increase access to effective grief care for bereaved children and families.
JUDI'S HOUSE CORE VALUES:
Judi's House expects to achieve its vision by adhering to three core values: Compassion, Accountability, and Respect. Nothing is more important than having a team of people that incorporates these values and holds each other accountable for living this culture every day at Judi's House.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. We are an organization where everyone pitches in to get done what needs to be done.
It is the policy of Judi's House to prohibit discrimination against any person or organization based on age, race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, marital status, gender, veteran status, political service, affiliation or disability.
All offers are conditional on successful background checks. Our background checks include a search on the National Sex Offenders registry, and local, state and federal criminal databases.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media