Human Resources Specialist - Part-Time
- - Administration
- Denver, CO, USA
- Part Time
Position Title: Human Resources Specialist
Reports To: Controller
The Human Resource Specialist plays a critical role in the efficient functioning of Judi's House by performing a variety of administrative tasks within Human Resources. Responsibilities include but, are not limited to: HR management (payroll processing, employee record keeping, benefit administration, applicant tracking), and enhancing the organization's human resources by planning, implementing and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs and practices.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES SOUGHT:
- A minimum of two years' experience in Human Resources and at least one year of experience processing payroll.
- Thorough knowledge of Human Resources best practices.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, Online Payroll Systems, Applicant Tracking Systems, and general database experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and computer skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with key stakeholders including staff, volunteers, and board members.
- Ability to prioritize effectively and multi-task meeting deadlines and providing deliverables despite distractions.
- Impeccable attention to detail with comfort creating and documenting policies and procedures and updating /editing employee manuals.
EDUCATION OR FORMAL TRAINING:
Bachelor's degree or relevant work experience required. HR or PHR Certificate preferred.
Benefits Administration & Payroll
- Process payroll. Monitor timesheets, validate data, and prepare payroll for processing (twice monthly).
- Collaborate with Controller to allocate staff wages appropriately. Negotiate employee benefits and consult with Leadership Team regarding salary and benefits issues or changes.
- Evaluate and recommend salary ranges according to all available wage surveys.
- Provide paperwork for benefits such as healthcare, 401(k), COBRA, etc. to new and/or eligible employees in a timely and accurate manner and provide support information as necessary.
- Coordinate at year-end with Controller on vacation accrual and payroll audit.
Compliance & Record Keeping
- Maintain all personnel records. Scan and file all HR employee documentation and ensure appropriate electronic and physical storage. Organize all HR files in compliance with best practices and regulations. Including but, not limited to:
- New hires, promotions, performance reviews, termination, discipline and performance improvement plans, job descriptions, and employee reporting.
- Maintain records of benefit plans and participation such as insurance, 401K plan, COBRA, Worker's Compensation.
- Maintain knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensure policies, procedures, and reporting are compliant with federal and state laws, consulting legal counsel as needed.
- Revise, update and write policies and guidelines for Employee Handbook as needed, and draft addendums accordingly in collaboration with the Leadership Team.
Onboarding, Offboarding and Performance
- Manage hiring process for vacant positions. Maintain and administrate applicant tracking system. Support hiring managers with tasks specific to the hiring process including editing and preparing job descriptions, posting positions internally and externally, tracking and responding to applicants, conduct screenings, schedule interviews, provide follow-up, and maintain necessary records.
- Manage on-boarding and off-boarding process. Prepare offer letters and manage efficient on-boarding for new employees. Coordinate and carry out all new hire or termination checklist items.
- Conduct exit interviews with employees leaving the organization, including collection of organization property, termination paperwork including COBRA, and exit surveys.
- Administer performance review process to ensure effectiveness, compliance and equity within organization.
- Serve as the primary contact for the Professional Employment Organization (PEO) and serve as liaison between personnel and the PEO.
- Respond to inquiries regarding HR policies, procedures, guidelines, and programs.
- Assist Leadership Team with appropriate outbound HR communications, both internal to staff and external as needed.
- Assist with volunteer, intern and post-graduate trainee paperwork and onboarding as appropriate.
- Foster positive attitudes toward company goals through appropriate employee relations.
- Serve as a resource for staff navigating workplace concerns and questions.
- Support Leadership Team in establishing and creating employee retention activities (e.g., staff development/parties).
- Cultivate the values of JH/JAG throughout the organization.
- Attend team and organizational meetings, activities, and events as required.
- Collaborate with Judi's House staff and perform job duties to advance the organization's mission and vision.
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and within a team and seek guidance as appropriate.
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize, attend to, and complete multiple tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Comply with all organizational policies and procedures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand and walk as well as bend, squat, and climb stairs. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Normal office conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
This position is not eligible to work remotely.
JUDI'S HOUSE CORE VALUES:
Judi's House expects to achieve its vision by adhering to three core values: Compassion, Accountability, and Respect. Nothing is more important than having a team of people that incorporates these values and holds each other accountable for living this culture every day at Judi's House.
It is the policy of Judi's House to prohibit discrimination against any person or organization based on age, race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, marital status, gender, veteran status, political service, affiliation, or disability.
All offers are conditional on successful background checks. Our background checks include a search on the National Sex Offenders registry, and local, state, and federal criminal databases.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. We are an organization where everyone pitches in to get done what needs to be done.
To apply for this position, please complete the application on our website at http://judishouse.hirecentric.com/jobsearch/
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media