Training and Education Assistant
- - Programs
- Denver, CO, USA
- Full Time
Reports to: Assistant Director of Training & Education
The Training & Education Assistant provides administrative support to achieve the organization's goals of elevating childhood bereavement to a critical public priority and increasing access to support by trainingprofessionals to provide grief-focused, trauma-informed services using the Comprehensive Grief Care® Model, and educatingcommunities in being grief-sensitive and responsive to the needs of the bereaved. Working closely with the Assistant Director of Training & Education and the Internship Training Manager, the Training & Education Assistant is responsible for supporting the organization in providing professional training, community grief education, sustainable revenue generation, and the dissemination of relevant knowledge and resources.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES SOUGHT:
- Administrative experience in a non-profit setting desired.
- Adept with technology including proficiency in Microsoft Suite, Google Docs, Adobe Acrobat.
- Exceptional attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, with proven ability to interact professionally and effectively with staff, volunteers, board members, clients, and donors in-person, on the telephone or via electronic communication.
- Resourceful, self-reliable and appreciates accountability.
- Able to sustain a realistic balance among multiple projects and priorities.
- Anticipates the needs of internal and external stakeholders in order to meet expectations and achieve goals.
- Maintains high standards.
- Exercises good judgement in a variety of situations
- Flexible to work beyond normal business hours to accommodate organizational needs.
- Committed to continually working towards the vision of Judi's House/JAG Institute that "no child should be alone in grief".
EDUCATION OR FORMAL TRAINING:
- Bachelor's degree with at least two years relevant experience.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred.
TRAINING AND EDUCATION
Work closely and effectively with the Training & Education Team, notifying appropriately of upcoming local and national events, commitments, and responsibilities.
- Coordinate training and education presentations:
- Develop and adhere to event planning timelines
- Sponsorship benefits
- Relationship management with partnership organizations, sponsors, and constituents
- Budget management
- Oversee application, registration, enrollment, and evaluation and follow-up for all education events and consultation projects
- Work with finance team on invoicing and accounts receivable
- Manage all operational activities and logistics (e.g., name badges programs, materials, etc.) on the day of education events, while providing exceptional service to participants
- Create, distribute, and track event evaluation, certificates, and acknowledgements
- Collaborate with Communications team to produce marketing and support materials (print and web-based) for events
- Support program administrators in selecting, vetting, and onboarding new trainees and staff.
- Manage requests and draft communications with community members and organizations seeking Comprehensive Grief Care services and resources.
- Work with the Internship Training Manager to coordinate graduate internship and post graduate training including editing, formatting, and maintaining training materials, scheduling appointments, trainings and workshops, and tracking attendance and evaluations, etc.
- Assist Training and Education team in launching a Learning Management System including content and materials management for online training.
- Coordinate travel arrangements, such as booking flights, cars, and making hotel and restaurant reservations.
- Ability to travel to and attend events, set up/tear down presentation displays, and represent Judi's House/JAG Institute as vendor and/or presenter.
- Assist in the ongoing development and maintenance of the Comprehensive Grief Care Toolkit and related products.
- Work with Technology team on updating Training & Education content and overall Training & Education and organizational technology applications
- Enter data and maintain a variety of digital databases, filing systems, and record management systems.
CLERICAL AND ADMINSTRATIVE SUPPORT
- Provide administrative support to the Leadership Team and Core Initiatives Group with focus on Training and Education Initiative including taking notes and sending follow-up requests/summaries as needed.
- Provide calendaring support to Leadership Team; manage schedules and calendars, including scheduling appointments, inviting relevant personnel to meetings, triaging meeting requests, and being proactive in addressing conflicts.
- Prepare and proofread designated confidential correspondence (internal and external) to ensure that communication is accurate and error free.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Promote the values of JH/JAG throughout the organization and external relationships.
- Attend team and organizational meetings, activities, and events as required.
- Collaborate with JH/JAG staff and perform job duties to advance the organization's mission and vision.
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and within a team, seeking guidance as appropriate.
- Comply with all organizational policies and procedures.
- Commitment to JH/JAG mission.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, and walk as well as bend, squat, and climb stairs. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Normal office conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
This position is not eligible to work remotely.
Judi's House/JAG Institute (JH/JAG) is the only free-standing organization in Metro Denver devoted solely to supporting grieving youth and families through comprehensive care, research, education, and advocacy. Its mission is to help children and families grieving a death find connection and healing. Since 2002, JH/JAG has supported nearly 10,000 individuals, and educated many thousands more, toward the vision that no child should be alone in grief. The integration of research and practice in a community-based center has uniquely positioned JH/JAG to create social change around the issue of childhood bereavement'elevating it as a public priority and serving as a national leader in the effort to increase access to effective grief care for bereaved children and families.
JUDI'S HOUSE CORE VALUES:
Judi's House expects to achieve its vision by adhering to three core values: Compassion, Accountability, and Respect. Nothing is more important than having a team of people that incorporates these values and holds each other accountable for living this culture every day at Judi's House.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. We are an organization where everyone pitches in to get done what needs to be done.
It is the policy of Judi's House to prohibit discrimination against any person or organization based on age, race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, marital status, gender, veteran status, political service, affiliation or disability.
All offers are conditional on successful background checks. Our background checks include a search on the National Sex Offenders registry, and local, state and federal criminal databases.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media