Training and Education Assistant
- - Programs
- Denver, CO, USA
- Full Time
Reports to: Assistant Director of Training & Education
The Training & Education Assistant will provide administrative support to the organization with a primary role of contributing to the goals of Judi's House/JAG Institute's Training & Education Initiative. The Training & Education Assistant will support Judi's House/JAG Institute in providing interdepartmental and client communications; maintaining data for organizational progress reports; coordinating training and outreach presentations, including editing and formatting training materials, supporting trainee selection, onboarding and development, and managing records. The Training & Education Assistant will support the Training & Education Initiative in meeting goals that will allow Judi's House/JAG Institute to disseminate Comprehensive Grief Care® knowledge and resources to increase awareness about childhood bereavement, and promote more sustainable, effective grief care for bereaved children and families. The ideal individual will be extremely detail-oriented, possess strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, maintain a realistic balance among multiple projects and priorities, be self-reliable and accountable, and be committed to continually working towards the vision of Judi's House/JAG Institute that no child should be alone in grief.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES SOUGHT:
- Administrative experience in a non-profit setting desired.
- Adept with technology include proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher, and Power Point), Google Docs, Adobe Acrobat.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with staff, volunteers, board or committee members, clients, and donors in-person, on the telephone or via electronic communication.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior organizational and time management skills and acute attention to detail.
- Aligns work with organization's strategic goals.
- Flexibility to work beyond normal business hours to accommodate organizational needs.
- Work well with, and support, a professional team.
- Multi-task, prioritize and stay to task with a high level of distractions.
- Anticipate the needs of others in order to ensure their seamless and positive experience.
- Resourceful problem solver.
EDUCATION OR FORMAL TRAINING:
Bachelor's degree with at least two years relevant experience.
Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred.
TRAINING AND EDUCATION
- Work closely and effectively with the Training and Education Team, notifying appropriately of upcoming local and national events, commitments, and responsibilities.
- Coordinate and attend training and education events.
- Develop and adhere to event planning timelines
- Create, distribute, and implement all sponsorship contracts including tracking invoice payments and coordinating sponsor benefits.
- Maintain relationships with partnership organizations, sponsors, and constituents.
- Obtain bids for event needs (venue, food, A/V, parking, etc.) to ensure costs are within budget.
- Oversee application, registration, enrollment, and evaluation and follow-up for all education events and consultation projects.
- Work with finance team on invoicing and accounts receivable.
- Manage all operational activities and logistics (e.g., name badges programs, materials, etc.) on the day of education events, while providing exceptional service to participants.
- Create, distribute, and track event evaluation, certificates, and acknowledgements
- Collaborate with Communications team to produce marketing and support materials (print and web-based) for events including maintaining website.
- Support program administrators in selecting, vetting, and onboarding new trainees and staff.
- Manage requests and draft communications with community members and organizations seeking Comprehensive Grief Care services and resources.
- Work with the Internship Training Manager to coordinate graduate internship and post graduate training including maintaining training materials, scheduling trainings and workshops, and tracking attendance and evaluations, etc.
- Assist Training and Education team in launching a Learning Management System including helping to develop content and materials for online training.
- Coordinate travel arrangements, such as booking flights, cars, and making hotel and restaurant reservations.
- Travel to and attend events as a vendor representing Judi's House/JAG Institute.
- Assist in the ongoing development and maintenance of the Comprehensive Grief Care Toolkit and related products.
- Work with Technology team on up to date content and overall administration of website
- Enter data and maintain a variety of digital databases/filing systems.
CLERICAL AND ADMINSTRATIVE SUPPORT
- Provide administrative support to the Leadership Team and Core Initiatives Group with focus on Training and Education Initiative including taking notes and sending follow requests/summaries as needed.
- Manage schedules and calendars, including scheduling appointments, inviting relevant personnel to meetings, triaging meeting requests, and being proactive in addressing conflicts.
- Prepare and proofread designated confidential correspondence (internal and external) to ensure that communication is accurate and error free.
- Coordinate agenda and scheduling of relevant meetings.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Promote the values of JH/JAG throughout the organization and external relationships.
- Attend team and organizational meetings, activities, and events as required.
- Collaborate with JH/JAG staff and perform job duties to advance the organization's mission and vision.
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and within a team, seeking guidance as appropriate.
- Comply with all organizational policies and procedures.
- Commitment to JH/JAG mission.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, and walk as well as bend, squat, and climb stairs. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Normal office conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
JUDI'S HOUSE CORE VALUES:
Judi's House expects to achieve its vision by adhering to three core values: Compassion, Accountability, and Respect. Nothing is more important than having a team of people that incorporates these values and holds each other accountable for living this culture every day at Judi's House.
It is the policy of Judi's House to prohibit discrimination against any person or organization based on age, race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, marital status, gender, veteran status, political service, affiliation, or disability.
All offers are conditional on successful background checks. Our background checks include a search on the National Sex Offenders registry, and local, state, and federal criminal databases.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. We are an organization where everyone pitches in to get done what needs to be done.
To apply for this position, please complete the application on our website at http://judishouse.hirecentric.com/jobsearch/