IT Support Specialist
- - IT Services
- Denver, CO, USA
- Full Time
Position Title: Information Technology (IT) Support Specialist
Reports To: IT Manager
The IT Support Specialist works closely with the IT Manager to support the technology needs of Judi's House/JAG Institute and its staff, including computer hardware, software, and network support/maintenance/troubleshooting. Responsibilities include but are not limited to assisting in maintaining a hosted Electronic Health Record (EHR) system and its database components, handling incoming IT issues from users, providing troubleshooting, and escalating tickets as needed.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES SOUGHT:
• Knowledge of computer systems (Windows) software, applications (Microsoft Office), hardware (PC/Mac/iPads), networking, peripherals, backup/data recovery methods, and communications.
• Ability to perform routine preventive maintenance on systems software, applications, hardware, networking, and communications.
• Problem-solver with ability to determine IT issues and troubleshoot printers, copiers, VOIP phones, basic networking (including wireless networks) and mobile devices, and coordinate hardware, software, and/or network solutions effectively and efficiently.
• Familiarity with Windows Server, Active Directory, Group Policy, Office 365, Remote Desktop and VPN.
• Researches solutions for IT issues independently with minimal supervision.
• Knowledge of basic programming, testing, and debugging techniques.
• Knowledge of relational databases and experience in writing basic SQL queries (including joining tables) with a desire to expand SQL/database skills as needed.
• Acute attention to detail for data verification and correction to ensure reliability and accuracy.
• Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written skills and the ability to work effectively with staff, volunteers, and stakeholders in person, on the telephone or via internet communications.
• Ability to clearly and understandably communicate technical guidance and instruction to users on the use of PC, applications and systems.
• Organized and thorough in maintaining documentation and records.
• Effectively prioritizes and performs tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Exceptional customer service and great attitude a MUST.
• Occasional off hours/on call work may be required.
o Help desk and end-user application support experience.
Desirable but not required:
o Knowledge of SQL Server 2012/2016.
o Knowledge of HIPAA requirements.
o Experience in a non-profit and/or clinical environment.
EDUCATION OR FORMAL TRAINING:
• Associate degree in computer related field required; Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred.
• 1-2 years relevant experience or combination of training and experience that enables performance of all aspects of the position.
• Provides first level technical support and assistance to Judi's House staff on various software applications and hardware systems.
• Assists with the installation, configuration and maintenance of computers, printers, operating systems, software applications, phones, network and/or other related equipment/devices.
• Performs routine maintenance duties for upkeep of IT systems including hardware, network and security.
• Manages user accounts and access to systems and applications.
• Assists users with EHR application issue resolution and enhancements.
• Fulfills standard data/report requests from multiple stakeholders and provides data-related support.
• Assists with the review, evaluation, and recommendation of solutions relating to hardware and software acquisitions and/or network updates.
• Performs data entry and maintains records such as problems and incidents, standard operating procedures, and user instructions.
• Escalates issues to a higher-level and/or vendor to ensure assistance in a timely, responsive, and professional manner.
• Provides individual instruction and/or training to users on new or updated technologies.
• Maintains IT hardware and software inventory.
• Provides excellent customer service with attentive follow-up.
• Maintains currency of knowledge with respect to technology, equipment, applicable laws, regulations, standards and/or systems.
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
• Promote the values of JH/JAG throughout the organization and external relationships.
• Attend team and organizational meetings, activities, and events as required.
• Collaborate with JH/JAG staff and perform job duties to advance the organization's mission and vision.
• Demonstrate ability to work independently and within a team, seeking guidance as appropriate.
• Comply with all organizational policies and procedures.
• Commitment to JH/JAG mission.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, and walk as well as bend, squat, and climb stairs. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Normal office conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
This position is not eligible to work remotely.
Judi's House/JAG Institute (JH/JAG) is the only free-standing organization in Metro Denver devoted solely to supporting grieving youth and families through comprehensive care, research, education, and advocacy. Its mission is to help children and families grieving a death find connection and healing. Since 2002, JH/JAG has supported nearly 10,000 individuals, and educated many thousands more, toward the vision that no child should be alone in grief. The integration of research and practice in a community-based center has uniquely positioned JH/JAG to create social change around the issue of childhood bereavement'elevating it as a public priority and serving as a national leader in the effort to increase access to effective grief care for bereaved children and families.
JUDI'S HOUSE CORE VALUES:
Judi's House expects to achieve its vision by adhering to three core values: Compassion, Accountability, and Respect. Nothing is more important than having a team of people that incorporates these values and holds each other accountable for living this culture every day at Judi's House.
It is the policy of Judi's House to prohibit discrimination against any person or organization based on age, race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, marital status, gender, veteran status, political service, affiliation or disability.
All offers are conditional on successful background checks. Our background checks include a search on the National Sex Offenders registry, and local, state and federal criminal databases.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. We are an organization where everyone pitches in to get done what needs to be done.
To apply for this position, please complete the application on our website at http://judishouse.hirecentric.com/jobsearch/